Medical Records (Med Center)

Medical Records - Medical Center

Please note: We are unable to offer pick ups for patients and families requesting their records in-person.

The easiest way to access your medical records is through the MyChart app. A patient over the age of 18 or their legal representative, may obtain a copy of their medical records by mail. Picture ID is required. MarinHealth requires a completed and signed Authorization for Release of Health Information form before releasing any documents to anyone, including the patient. In certain cases, a patient's physician, psychologist or social worker may also be required to approve a request made using a release form.

How to request a copy of your medical records:

Print and complete the Authorization for Disclosure of Health Inform form:

The release form must be completed, dated and signed and a valid color copy of your photo ID attached. We ask that you specify what components of your medical records you wish to obtain. Often, the discharge summary, operative report and history and physical contain relevant information to suit your needs. Requests must be specifically signed/initialed if requesting/authorizing the following information:

  • Psychiatric Care
  • Substance Abuse
  • HIV

Submit the completed form to:
MarinHealth Medical Center
C/O Medical Records Department
250 Bon Air Road
Greenbrae, CA 94904
Phone: 1-415-925-7270 (Option 2 - Patient line)
Fax: 1-415-925-7201
Email (for patient use only):

Acceptable forms of original photo ID include:

  • Driver’s license
  • Passport
  • Immigration Documentation

Release of information charges:

  • No charge for up to 30 page count
  • $0.25 per page 31 pages and over

If you have any questions regarding release of health information, please call 1-415-925-7270. Your request will be processed within 15 days. We will mail a copy of the medical records to the address you provide.

Patient Rights

If you believe your health information was used or shared in a way that is not allowed under the HIPAA privacy law, or if you weren’t able to exercise your rights, you can file a complaint with your provider or health insurer. You can also file a complaint with the U.S. government.

A separate law provides additional privacy protections to patients of alcohol and drug treatment programs.